Thursday, June 27, 2013

How I am fighting the weakness of my memory

The first sign of senescence is a weak memory. When I felt it I started a research to find ways to fight it.. I used a lot of techniques and methods but now I am using the following and I started feeling good and very optimistic.

Translation
For more than ten years I am translating from English to Greek. It is a good exercise. In the beginning I was suffering. My memory was very weak. Gradually, using many other techniques I have a better memory.

Then I add Sudoku pazzle. Very strong for empowering the memory. I started from easy puzzle the I went to medium and then to difficult. Now I am a strong Sudoku puzzle solver.

Lumosity
At Lumosity Labs, they believe in improving brains—and lives. That's why they created a simple online tool to allow anyone to achieve their brain's full potential. Drawing on the latest neuroscience breakthroughs, Lumosity's brain training program is shown to work. No matter what your age or background, you can feel smarter, sharper, and brighter.

So everyday there is, for me, a lumosity pazzle to solve.

Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS)
Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) is a non-invasive method of brainstimulation that relies on electromagnetic induction using an insulated coil placed over the scalp, focused on an area of the brain thought to play a role in mood regulation. The coil generates brief magnetic pulses, which pass easily and painlessly through the skull and into the brain. The pulses generated are of the same type and strength as those generated bymagnetic resonance imaging (MRI) machines. When these pulses are administered in rapid succession, it is referred to as “repetitive TMS “ or “rTMS”, which can produce longer lasting changes in brain activity.

One of clinical applications for TMS is Memory loss and Dementia. I received 10 treatments.

Food for thought: Solgar’s Neuro-Nutrients. A good supplement for memory.

EFT visualization. With 22 affirmations. I am strong, I am wise etc. It is my own EFT. I do it in the morning during my meditation program. I use the visualization method. With eyes closed I imagine that I am touching the points of EFT and for each spot there is a phrase. SEE My own EFT. So I am extremely optimistic about the state of my memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment